School Ethos, Aims and Values
At both Finedon Schools, our overall aim is to help all children develop to the best of their ability, strive to realise their potential and become confident, responsible and respectful members of the community within the confines of a supportive and caring environment.
The Junior School is a Church of England foundation with a mission to work in partnership with the parish Church of St Mary the Virgin and the Peterborough Diocesan Board of Education. Whilst this mission roots our aims and values in the Christian faith, the school is inclusive and welcomes children of any faith or none.
As a church school, the junior school has the following Christian values which underpin everything we do:
Creativity, endurance, justice, trust, community, compassion, friendship, reverence, peace, wisdom, service, forgiveness, humility and thankfulness.
Through these values we aim to help the children to develop to their best of their ability, strive to realise their potential and become confident, responsible and respectful members of the community within our supportive and caring environment.
The Infant School also has a set of core values and these are:
Friendship, determination, trust, honesty and respect. which together we believe, all lead to enjoyment in life and learning.
Joint aims and expectations:
In order to fulfil our overall aim and mission, staff and governors at the schools aim to;
- Enable all pupils to achieve to the best of their ability and aptitude to become the best they can be
- Encourage all pupils to acquire and develop broadly Christian, moral and social values, behave well, show good manners and have respect for others regardless of their gender, ethnicity, religious or cultural background
- Create a caring community where pupils are treated with respect and thereby feel happy, confident and valued
- Provide all pupils with a broad and balanced curriculum which will engage, challenge, motivate and inspire in them a love of learning
- Provide pupils with a stimulating learning environment in which exciting and enjoyable lessons are delivered by high quality, well trained staff who will always encourage high aspirations
- Encourage all pupils to live safe, healthy and fulfilling lives and make a positive contribution to our local community